lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Memory issues with Lucene deployment
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:49:03 GMT
Doing Lucene search within a jetty servlet container, the machine has
16gb of memory.
Using 64bit  JVM and Lucene 3.6 and files are memory mapped so I just
allocate a max of 512mb to jetty itself, understanding that the
remaining memory can be used to memory map lucene files.

Monitoring total memory being used at the linux level (assume this is
hep memory plus memory used for memory mapping) , memory increasingly
creeps up, and eventually servlet doesnt respond to requests. But dont
seem to have any errors in the logs/crashes ectera.

I don't have direct access to the machine this is running on, I know
this question is a bit vague but I would appreciate some ideas where to
investigate next

thanks Paul