lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From neosky <neosk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using Lucene in tomcat:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:32:44 GMT
I want to use the Lucene to implement a Servlet in Tomcat environment.
lucene-core-3.5.0.jar is in the webapp/WEB-INF/lib/
However I still got the error as following:
Java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.open(Ljava/io/File;)Lorg/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory;
After I search in goole, they say that probably some old version in the
class path.
But I never use a Lucene version lower than 3.5, it should support the
open() method
I tried to print the Lucene version:

out.println(LucenePackage.get().getImplementationTitle());
out.println(LucenePackage.get().getSpecificationVersion());
out.println(LucenePackage.get().getImplementationVendor());
out.println(LucenePackage.get().getImplementationVersion());
They all return Null
I also tried to copy the jar to the tomcat/lib directory, it doesn't work.