lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Memory issues with Lucene deployment
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:09:32 GMT
Hi,

Without a full output of "free -h" we cannot say anything. But the total Linux memory use
should always used by 100% on a good server otherwise it's useless (because full memory includes
cache usage, too). I think, -Xmx may be too less for your Java deployment? We have no information
about the size of your installation.

If "top" reports too much residential memory for the Java VM process then there might be something
wrong, and then we would need "pmap <pid>" of the java process.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen