lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Seeking more moderators for java-user@lucene
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:11:41 GMT

Greetings subscribers to java-user@lucene.

I've been offline for the past ~5 days, and when i looked at my email
again this morning I found a message to java-user@lucene sitting in the
moderator queue since Aug 22nd.

Messages sitting in the queue that long are a good indication that we
don't have enough (active) mailing list moderators.

Being a moderator is really easy: you'll get a some extra emails in your
inbox with MODERATE in the subject, which you skim to see if they are spam
-- if they are you delete them, if not you "reply all" to let them get
sent to the list, and authorize that person to send future messages w/o

If you would like to volunteer to be a moderator, please contact

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message