lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using a char filter in solr createComponents
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:35:19 GMT
sure. you need to wrap the reader in Analyzer.initReader() to do this:

  /**
   * Override this if you want to add a CharFilter chain.
   */
  protected Reader initReader(String fieldName, Reader reader) {
    return reader;
  }

by default it returns the original Reader unchanged.

There are examples in the analysis package javadocs
(https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Artifacts-4.x/javadoc/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/package-summary.html#package_description),
but we don't yet have one that uses a CharFilter. I'll see if i can
add one.

--
lucidworks.com