lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Howe <>
Subject Re: Lucene Index backward compatibility related question
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:35:54 GMT

So long as you are not writing to the 3.x index, it appears Lucene 4.0 can
read the indexes in a read only format. See Mike McCandle's blog post about
the alpha release codecs. As to whether or not that codec allows you to
leverage the Lucene 4.0 performance gains, I'll defer to someone wiser on
the subject. I would imagine it does, but I'm not sure.