lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Howe <silentgun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Index backward compatibility related question
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:35:54 GMT
Paul,

So long as you are not writing to the 3.x index, it appears Lucene 4.0 can
read the indexes in a read only format. See Mike McCandle's blog post
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/07/lucene-400-alpha-at-long-last.html about
the alpha release codecs. As to whether or not that codec allows you to
leverage the Lucene 4.0 performance gains, I'll defer to someone wiser on
the subject. I would imagine it does, but I'm not sure.

Sincerely,
Stephen