lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From pranshu sharma <pran...@cis.upenn.edu>
Subject Using coord of one BooleanQuery as a multiplier for its siblings
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 00:31:31 GMT
Hi there,

I had a question about migrating the coord value one level up. My current
query structure has a root BooleanQuery with a bunch of nested BooleanQuery
children: one of these looks for all terms in the query issued, and I want
to apply the coord factor for this BooleanQuery to all its siblings. The
idea here is to have the overall score reflect the number of tokens matched.

For example, if the query is 'apple banana orange', my query structure
looks like this:

BQ0 (root): coord = 1
    BQ1: (coord enabled)
        BQ1a: +apple
        BQ1b: +banana
        BQ1c: +orange
    BQ2: (coord = 1)
        BQ2a: 'apple banana'
        BQ2b: 'banana orange'

(BQ2 basically takes care of bigrams.)

Now, if I have two documents that look like:

Doc A: apple orange banana
Doc B: apple banana

Doc A would get a higher overall score if the score from BQ2 is multiplied
with coord for BQ1 (=2/3), than if it wasn't. Could you recommend how I go
about implementing this idea?

Thanks a lot!

Pranshu