lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dave Seltzer <dselt...@tveyes.com>
Subject Re: Creating Span Queries from Boolean Queries
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 00:37:47 GMT
Well I was hoping that someone knew of a recursive solution to
rewriting Boolean queries of arbitrary depth.

I suppose If I can rewrite

"london olympics" AND (football OR soccer) NOT nfl

into

"London Olympics" within_5_words_of (football or soccer)
not_within_5_words_of nfl

Then I should be able to use the same logic to operate on a
BooleanQuery occurring within a BooleanClause.

-D