lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aditya <findbestopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Find documents contained in search term
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:38:17 GMT
Hi

You need to use prefix query for your requirement. Below are my thoughts
and hope it helps.

Say "Hello World" is your phrase.

1. Do a phrase query with your phrase ("Hello World")
2. If not found then strip the last character and then do prefix query
("Hello Worl")
3. Continue step 2 still you get the result or the pharse is empty.

If you give examples of some sample documents in the index and search
phrase then it will help others to give better response.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com - Search from more than 200,000 open source
projects.