lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.v.gronin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ToParentBlockJoinQuery - Faceting on Parent and Child Documents
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 11:50:25 GMT
Hi Jayendra,

This isn't supported yet. You could implement this by creating a
custom Lucene collector.
This collector could count the unique hits inside a block of docs per
unique facet field value. The
unique facet values could be retrieved from Lucene's FieldCache or doc
values (if you can use Lucene 4.0
in your project).

In general I think this would be a cool addition!

Martijn