lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Schnober <>
Subject Re: Small Vocabulary
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 09:31:30 GMT
Hi Danil,

>> Just transform your input like "brown fox" into "ADJ:brown|<your
>> payload> NOUN:fox|<other payload>"
> I understand that this denotes "ADJ" and "NOUN" to be interpreted as the
> actual token and "brown" and "fox" as payloads (followed by <other
> payload>), right?

Sorry for replying to myself, but I've realised only now that you
probably meant to replace the full token string ("brown") by "ADJ:brown"
and use the payload otherwise, right? Regarding incoming queries, this
method makes it necessary to perform a Wildcard query (e.g. "NOUN:*")
when I am not interested in the actual text ("brown") -- which may
happen more or less frequently -- am I right? However, this might be an
acceptable trade-off...
Best regards,

Institut für Deutsche Sprache |
Projekt KorAP                 |
Tel. +49-(0)621-43740789      |
Korpusanalyseplattform der nächsten Generation
Next Generation Corpus Analysis Platform

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message