lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastian R." <egnu...@web.de>
Subject Re: Personalized ranking using pre-computed scores
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:09:47 GMT
Yeah, I had already tried the FieldSelector. I don't know how I could use the
FieldCache for the scores because of the high number of different score
values. I'm now thinking of holding all the ranking values in memory and
retrieve them during search time using a FieldCache of the post IDs.
Downside of that: I need to use more Java heap space, and I read that this
means less space for the virtual memory that Lucene uses.

Greetings,
Sebastian