lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Konstantyn Smirnov <inject...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: is there a way to control when merges happen?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:03:59 GMT
Hi Mike.

I have a LogDocMergePolicy + ConcurrentMergeScheduler in my setup.
I tried adding new segments with 800-5000 documents in each of them in a
row, but the scheduler seemed to ignore them at first... only after some
time it managed to merge some of them.

I have an option to use a quartz-scheduler to trigger my mergers, but I
would like to keep that logic where it really belongs: in Lucene's
mergeScheduler.

Is there a way to control merge scheduling now (with 3.6.0)?
When exactly the scheduler is triggered: upon adding a new segment, or is it
running every n hours? Can I configure the scheduler to do both?

TIA