lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Creating Span Queries from Boolean Queries
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 23:26:15 GMT
Give us an example of what you are really trying to match.

SpanNearQuery takes a list of clauses, which can be SpanTermQuery to match a
single term or SpanNearQuery to match a nested span. You can specify the
maximum distance between terms/spans - use nesting if you want to change
that distance. That gives you a basic BooleanQuery with AND clauses
converted to spans.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Seltzer
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:53 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Creating Span Queries from Boolean Queries

Hi Everyone,

If there was a straightforward way to take a Boolean Query created by the
Lucene Query Parser and convert it to a Span Query.

Ideally I'd like to take any ANDed clauses and require them to occur
withing $SPAN of the other ANDs.

I can't quite wrap my head around how to solve the problem.

Thanks!

-Dave