lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: change of API Javadoc interface funtionality in 4.0.x
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 05:59:20 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Bernd Fehling
<bernd.fehling@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Robert Muir added a comment - 12/Apr/12 16:24
>
> We can save 10MB with this patch, which nukes the 'index'.
> I guarantee you nobody will miss it. Just click this thing and see how
> useless it is (since its every method etc in all of lucene).
> Yeah, "nobody will miss it" and "see how useless it is".
>
> Affirmative, if you are talking about the binary distridution.
>
> I was talking about the javadocs web pages at lucene.apache.org.
> So you are running out of disk space there and can't afford having at least
> one place on earth where ALL javadocs (including Index) for lucene and solr are online?

I agree Bernd, I have no problem personally if its on the website. I
just don't want it in the distribution since its huge and I don't see
the use for it, but clearly you do, and it hurts nothing being on the
website.

Why not just open an issue to make this a ant property as Hoss suggested?

Then we just add that prop to the instructions @
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToGenerateNiceJavadocs

--
lucidimagination.com