lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: incrementally indexing
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 19:18:36 GMT
Hmmm, it's not quite clear what the problem is. But let's
say you have indexed your hard drive. Somewhere you'll
have to keep a record of what you've done, say the timestamp
when you started looking at your hard drive to index it.

Next time you run, you simply only index files that have changed
since the last timestamp, assuming you want any changed
documents on your disk to reflect those changes. That's usually
what's meant by "incremental indexing", you only add new/changed
data to your index.

Hope that helps
Erick