lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Flushing Thread
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:02:42 GMT
This has already been fixed on Lucene 4.0 (we now have fully
concurrent flushing), eg see:

  http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/05/265-indexing-speedup-with-lucenes.html

Mike McCandless

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Simon McDuff <smcduff@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I see some behavior at the moment when I'm flushing and would like to know if I can change
that.

>  One main thread is inserting, when it flushes, it blocks.
>  During that time my main thread is blocking. Instead of blocking, Could it spawn another
thread to do that ?

> Basically,  would like to have one main thread adding document to my index, if a flushing
needs to occur, spawn another threads but it should never lock the main  threads. Is it possible
?

> Is the only solution is to have many threads indexing the data ?
> In that case Is it true to say ONLY one of them will be busy while the other is flushing
? (I do understand that if my flushing is taking two much time, they will both flush... :-))