lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: Flushing Thread
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:02:42 GMT
This has already been fixed on Lucene 4.0 (we now have fully
concurrent flushing), eg see:

Mike McCandless

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Simon McDuff <> wrote:
> I see some behavior at the moment when I'm flushing and would like to know if I can change
>  One main thread is inserting, when it flushes, it blocks.
>  During that time my main thread is blocking. Instead of blocking, Could it spawn another
thread to do that ?
> Basically,  would like to have one main thread adding document to my index, if a flushing
needs to occur, spawn another threads but it should never lock the main  threads. Is it possible
> Is the only solution is to have many threads indexing the data ?
> In that case Is it true to say ONLY one of them will be busy while the other is flushing
? (I do understand that if my flushing is taking two much time, they will both flush... :-))
> Thank you!
> Simon

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: