lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "in.abdul" <in.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document Similarity
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:32:49 GMT
Hi ELshaimaa,
  I couldnt able understood what is your need . Can you please explain your
use case.

  If this is case  "I need to use Lucene to find the most similar documents
from the generated index"
then go for morelikethis[1] components .

Based on your use case people can suggest some good ways.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Elshaimaa Ali [via Lucene] <
ml-node+s472066n3998082h68@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi All
> I created a Lucene index for over 3 million document, and I used term
> vectors to create the index.now for an external document I need to use
> Lucene to find the most similar documents from the generated index.how can
> I process the document to generate a term vector to this document and what
> search technique I can use to map the document to one of the documents in
> the index
> regardsshaimaa

> .
> NAML<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

-----
THANKS AND REGARDS,
SYED ABDUL KATHER