lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "in.abdul" <in.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document Similarity
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:09:19 GMT
I had understood your need . You can use k mean clustering in mahout .
Which can help your you case . You can better post this question in mahout
user list where you get different idea . I had also had use case like this
as i did as POC. But still my suggestion is that . You can post this
question there.

Syed abdul kather
On Jul 30, 2012 8:02 PM, "syed kather" <in.abdul@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ELshaimaa,
>   I couldnt able understood what is your need . Can you please explain
> your use case.
>
>   If this is case  "I need to use Lucene to find the most similar
> documents from the generated index"
> then go for morelikethis[1] components .
>
> Based on your use case people can suggest some good ways.
>

> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis
>

>             Thanks and Regards,
>         S SYED ABDUL KATHER
>

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Elshaimaa Ali [via Lucene] <
> ml-node+s472066n3998082h68@n3.nabble.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi All
>> I created a Lucene index for over 3 million document, and I used term
>> vectors to create the index.now for an external document I need to use
>> Lucene to find the most similar documents from the generated index.how can
>> I process the document to generate a term vector to this document and what
>> search technique I can use to map the document to one of the documents in
>> the index
>> regardsshaimaa

>> .
>> NAML<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

-----
THANKS AND REGARDS,
SYED ABDUL KATHER