lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Hebbrecht <jochenhebbre...@gmail.com>
Subject Best practise closing Lucene index
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:44:33 GMT
Hi all,

I currently have a Seam component which is in my session. This component is
holding (private attribute) a custom "Lucene object" which opens a Lucene
index in the constructor. When I want to search, I use the "Lucene object"
in my session which uses the already opened Lucene index.
So when I want to search on something else, I can still reuse the already
opened index.

But now, I don't have some Java logic which closes the reader. Shouldn't
this be done in some method like the destroy() method (which is called by
te JVM)?
Or is it ok if I don't manually close the reader?

Thanks,
Jochen