lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Phanindra R <phani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting terms from unstored fields, doc-wise
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:04:18 GMT
Thanks for the reply Abdul.

I was exploring the API and I think we can retrieve all those words by
using a brute-force approach.

1) Get all the terms using indexReader.terms()

2) Process the term only if it belongs to the target field.

3) Get all the docs using indexReader.termDocs(term);

4) So, we have the term-doc pairs at this point.

Is there any better approach other than the above forever-taking procedure?

Thanks,
Phanindra