lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hiren Shah <hiren.t.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Starts with Query - Return like search
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 06:11:10 GMT
I have used standardAnalyser to save the ANALYZED data in index.

Data is as below:-

   1. foo bag test
   2. foo bar test
   3. bar india foo

I used
When  i search using--------------->  foo ba
I get all results when  i use ------->(+foo* +ba*)

   1. I tried using "foo ba" (with double quotes)  but no results come as
   it searches for exact word
   2. I tried using "foo ba*" (with double quotes)  but no results come as
   it searches for exact word
   3. I tried using "foo bar" (with double quotes)  Then 2nd result comes
   as both words are completed

What should be done to get  options 1 and 2 in results when user types foo
ba*. I dont want 3rd result but want 1st 2 results.
Please help.

Thanks
Hiren