lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.x to 4.x upgrade possible?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:29:57 GMT
I'd forgotten about IndexUpgrader, but I'd still go for 3.6. I
wouldn't want the complexity of shipping two versions of lucene and
having to get customers to run an upgrade script.  And probably
wouldn't want to ship the first stable version of 4.0, even though
lucene is very stable and reliable.

But your product and your customers and your timescales, so your choice.

--
Ian.