lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Small Vocabulary
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:10:15 GMT
Lucene 4.0 allows you to use custom codecs and there may be one that
would be better for this sort of data, or you could write one.

In your tests is it the searching that is slow or are you reading lots
of data for lots of docs?  The latter is always likely to be slow.
General performance advice as in
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed may be
relevant.  SSDs and loads of RAM never hurt.

--
Ian.