lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many index reader problem
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:51:03 GMT
OOV or OOM?  Always best to post a full stack trace, and version of
lucene, and OS.

Anyway - give your app more memory?  Close searchers after use or some
period of inactivity?

Best long term solution is probably to merge the many small indexes
into one, or a few, larger indexes and restrict queries by an indexed
field identifying the index you are interested in.  A cached filter
can work well for that.

--
Ian.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM, 齐保元 <qibaoyuan@126.com> wrote:

> Hi,buddy:
>                       I have a problem concerning index readers:there are many small
index/searcher instances in my application which are hold by a map.when new index request
or seach request comes,I process them and return the result.The problem is,when the number
of small index becomes large,the JVM throws OOV error:not enough native thread.So,any idea
to solve this problem?