lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Danil ŢORIN <torin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many index reader problem
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:31:35 GMT
Do you really HAVE to keep all those indexes opened?

You could use a LRU or LFU cache of reasonable size with opened
indexes, and open new searcher if it's not in the cache.
If your indexes are quite small, the open call shouldn't be too expensive.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:
> OOV or OOM?  Always best to post a full stack trace, and version of
> lucene, and OS.
>
> Anyway - give your app more memory?  Close searchers after use or some
> period of inactivity?
>
> Best long term solution is probably to merge the many small indexes
> into one, or a few, larger indexes and restrict queries by an indexed
> field identifying the index you are interested in.  A cached filter
> can work well for that.
>

> --
> Ian.
>

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM, 齐保元 <qibaoyuan@126.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,buddy:
>>                       I have a problem concerning index readers:there are many small
index/searcher instances in my application which are hold by a map.when new index request
or seach request comes,I process them and return the result.The problem is,when the number
of small index becomes large,the JVM throws OOV error:not enough native thread.So,any idea
to solve this problem?