lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Jaen <ashishj...@gmail.com>
Subject Boolean Query: Knowing Which Clauses Matched
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:17:46 GMT
Is there a way to know which sub-clause of a boolean query matched in the
result document ? Currently I am using searcher.explain() on each of the
sub-clause of the boolean query (on each of the documents returned by
searcher). However, this is turning out to be very slow as I need to
process ALL the documents returned by the query (A typical query returns
about 20 thousand documents and my collection has 10 million docs. My
application is not a user facing one, so few seconds per query is still
acceptable)

I was wondering if there is a efficient way to achieve the above which
doesnot use explain() (perhaps storing the information about which
sub-clause matched a document while searching). Can anyone provide some
method to solve this and point to the relevant classes which need to be
changed.

Thanks,
-Ashish