lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lutz Fechner" <>
Subject AW: Revisioned Lucene Index
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2012 23:41:24 GMT

Lucene is storing it's data pretty much flat. You have Documents representing a seach result.
This Documents are created during the indexing process you have to implement.
For XML data I would recommend to store the Xpath of the indexed data in a field in the lucene
documents in order to get the nodes addessed again in the XML tree.

Best Regards

...via my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

----- Originalnachricht -----
Von: Johannes.Lichtenberger []
Gesendet: Saturday, July 28, 2012 05:44 PM
An: <>
Betreff: Revisioned Lucene Index

I'm currently working on revisioned index structures for a treebased
storage system[1] and I want to provide an index-structure for fulltext
search (more or less on XML text-nodes). Either I'm going to implement a
Radix/PATRICIA-tree or I'm opting for Lucene. I thought about adding a
node <=> Field mapping , that would probably be sufficient as we do not
need a tree-structure in order to support revisioning strategies (full
dump, incremental, differential). However, I guess Lucene uses some kind
of tree-structure itself though perhaps it would be more appropriate to
map these nodes to our "nodes".

Any suggestions?

kind regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail: