lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon McDuff <smcd...@hotmail.com>
Subject Flushing Thread
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:54:55 GMT

I see some behavior at the moment when I'm flushing and would like to know if I can change
that.

 One main thread is inserting, when it flushes, it blocks.
 During that time my main thread is blocking. Instead of blocking, Could it spawn another
thread to do that ?

Basically,  would like to have one main thread adding document to my index, if a flushing
needs to occur, spawn another threads but it should never lock the main  threads. Is it possible
?

Is the only solution is to have many threads indexing the data ?
In that case Is it true to say ONLY one of them will be busy while the other is flushing ?
(I do understand that if my flushing is taking two much time, they will both flush... :-))

Thank you!

Simon