lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject storing pre-analyzed fields
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 00:54:14 GMT
I have a question about the API for storing and indexing lucene
documents (in 3.x).

If I want to index a document by providing a TokenStream, I can do that
by calling document.add (field) where field is something I write
deriving from AbstractField that returns the TokenStream for
tokenStreamValue(), and nothing for stringValue() or readerValue().

Now if I also want to store a value for that field, do I just add a
different field with different options (eg stored=true, and the field a
normal Field)?

Do these two things conflict in any way?  Do I have to be careful about
the order in which I do them?  Or is it just a mildly weird API with no
lurking ill effects? :)

Also: I have been seeing various e-mails about changes to this API so I
assume it's all different in 4.0; if you want to take this opportunity
to explain that, please go ahead, but for now I am working with the 3.x API.

Thanks

-Mike Sokolov