lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Yaacoby <dor...@gingersoftware.com>
Subject RE: In memory Lucene configuration
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:25:01 GMT
Thanks for the input.
I am not using Solr.
Also, my index has a fixed size, I am not going to update it.

-----Original Message-----
From: googoo [mailto:liuyt1@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 July 2012 15:21
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: In memory Lucene configuration

Doron,

To verify actual query speed, i think you may need:
1) do not run index job
2) in solrconfig.xml, set filterCache and queryResultCache value to 0
3) restart solr
4) run the query and check the qtime result

That may give you some idea what is actual query time.

To break down query time, you can run field1, field2, field3 query separately, to get some
idea which field query take longer time.

In additional, i don't think load whole index to memory is good idea. Since the index size
will always increase.
For me, i change lucene code to disable MMapDirectory, since the index size is bigger and
bigger.
And MMapDirectory will call something like c++ share memory to load whole index to ram.