lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Krah <>
Subject Re: Best practise closing Lucene index
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:11:06 GMT
I you really want a per session based reader, use a

and create the object there in sessionCreated and destroy the Reader in
You seam component can get the create objected under a well known name
you've choosen from the session.

So you won't miss to close the object and won't leak file handles.

Am Montag, den 02.07.2012, 15:44 +0200 schrieb Jochen Hebbrecht:
> Hi all,
> I currently have a Seam component which is in my session. This component is
> holding (private attribute) a custom "Lucene object" which opens a Lucene
> index in the constructor. When I want to search, I use the "Lucene object"
> in my session which uses the already opened Lucene index.
> So when I want to search on something else, I can still reuse the already
> opened index.
> But now, I don't have some Java logic which closes the reader. Shouldn't
> this be done in some method like the destroy() method (which is called by
> te JVM)?
> Or is it ok if I don't manually close the reader?
> Thanks,
> Jochen

View raw message