lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>
Subject Re: Best practise closing Lucene index
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:11:06 GMT
I you really want a per session based reader, use a

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/5/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionListener.html

and create the object there in sessionCreated and destroy the Reader in
sessionDestroyed.
You seam component can get the create objected under a well known name
you've choosen from the session.

So you won't miss to close the object and won't leak file handles.

regards

Torsten