lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: How to unsubscribe from this list?
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:31:54 GMT

G.Long: I'm Replying to list so this info is visibilt to anyone who is
curious, but if you have specific followup questions, please reply to
java-user-owner@lucene ...

: Thanks. I tried this but it did not work so asking :).

1) sending an unsubscribe request will trigger an automated response
requesting verification.  you must reply to the special email address that
sends this automated verification requests in order to complete the
request.

2) in order to unsubscribe, you must send your unsubscribe request from
the exact address used to subsribe -- not an alternate address that
forwards to your current address.  if the address you attempt to
unsubscribe is not currently in the subscriber list, the automated emails
will mention this.

3) if you are unable to unsubscribe through the automated email system,
please contact java-user-owner@lucene and help us understand what went
wrong so we can try to fix it?  did you try emailing java-user-help@lucene
first? did you get any automated response when you emailed
java-user-unsubscribe? did you get any response after replying with
verification?

4) in order for the list owners to intervene and manually unsubscribe you,
you need to provide the "Return-Path" header from a message you are
recieving from the list(s) you wish to unsubscribe to -- if there are
multiple lists, then you need to provide an example of the "Return-Path"
header from at least one message on each list.

-Hoss