lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis <xekou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Query About Sorting
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:32:43 GMT
I am just new here.

When you make a query, you create an ordering of the documents based on
this query.
If you have a second ordering, you have to decide what to do with those 2
orderings. You have to decide how to join those two.

The default search orders your results by the query and picks the top n,
then it sorts them by your sort.
You can see the code at TopDocColector.

--

Sincerely yours,