lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Hebbrecht <jochenhebbre...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for NumericRangeQuery in QueryParser
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:29:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently reading "Lucene in action (2nd edition)". At page 105 -
section 3.5.4, I'm reading the following paragraph:

---

QueryParser won’t create a NumericRangeQuery for you. This is because
Lucene currently doesn’t keep track of which of your fields were indexed
with NumericField, though it’s possible this limitation has been corrected
by the time you read this.

---

I'm using version 3.2 of Lucene and I'm not able to "queryparse" a
NumericRange syntax query. Can somebody tell me if this is already fixed in
Lucene? And most of all: in which version :-). I cannot find it using
Google :-( ...

Thanks!

Jochen