lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: any good idea for loading fields into memory?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:56:40 GMT
use collector and field cache is a good idea for ranking by certain
field's value.
but I just need to return matched documents' fields. and also field
cache can't store multi-value fields?
I have to store special chars like '\n' to separate them and split
string to string array in runtime.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Paul Hill <paul@metajure.com> wrote:
> I would ask the question that if you want to look at the whole value of a field during
searching, why don't you have a just such a field in your index?
> I have an index with several fields that have 2 versions of the field both analyzed and
unanalyzed.  It works great for me in 3.x (not 4.x).
> Have you read about Collectors?  That is where I find myself working with field caches,
but maybe this is not your need. I also properly configured the call to search.doc( docId
) with the second argument,
> so I only automatically load the fields I will be using in my returned results, not any
'extra' fields use in Filters, Collectors etc.  If you have a special query that needs to
be extra fast, you can change the fields to load just in the special code for that special
query.