lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yogesh patel <yogeshpateldai...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Query About Sorting
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:05:31 GMT
Hi,

I have one query of lucene about sort.

I have 10000 documents in my index which having fields A,B,C,D. i want
first 100 results in my query but they must be sort by field A.
Suppose I have query "B:abc".

so used below code with search :

qp is object of query parser.

Query query=qp.parse("B:abc");

Sort sort= new Sort(new SortField("A",SortField.STRING_VAL,true));

hits = searcher.search(query, null,100,sort);

but when i search above way.it gives me result in sorting but sorting
applies to only matching first 100 results.It search first 100 results and
then sort. I want first 100 sorted descending of Field A with matching
query.

Is it possible in Lucene?

Thanks

*Regards,