lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yang <teddyyyy...@gmail.com>
Subject OutOfMemoryError when opening the index ?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:15:08 GMT
I got the OutOfMemoryError when I tried to open an Lucene index.

it's very weird since this is only seen when I run this inside an Apache
PIG LATIN script on a particular hadoop cluster of ours,
and it runs fine on an old cluster; also it runs fine if I run the java
code outside of PIG.

as I understand, OutOfMemoryError is not out of heap, so does this mean
that mmap() failed?
I checked the ulimit of the user account running this, it seems to be all
unlimited

any clues?

Thanks
yang

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Map failed
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(FileChannelImpl.java:748)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory$MMapIndexInput.<init>(MMapDirectory.java:265)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory.openInput(MMapDirectory.java:216)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentCoreReaders.<init>(SegmentCoreReaders.java:86)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:115)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:93)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.<init>(DirectoryReader.java:113)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.ReadOnlyDirectoryReader.<init>(ReadOnlyDirectoryReader.java:29)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader$1.doBody(DirectoryReader.java:81)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:754)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:75)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:462)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:308)
        at
cgm.places.matcher.ListingSearcher.createIndex(ListingSearcher.java:45)
        at
cgm.places.matcher.ListingSearcher.<init>(ListingSearcher.java:38)
        at
cgm.places.matcher.SearchListingUdf.<init>(SearchListingUdf.java:34)
        ... 83 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Map failed
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(FileChannelImpl.java:745)
        ... 98 more