lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hill <p...@metajure.com>
Subject RE: any good idea for loading fields into memory?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:11:49 GMT
I would ask the question that if you want to look at the whole value of a field during searching,
why don't you have a just such a field in your index?
I have an index with several fields that have 2 versions of the field both analyzed and unanalyzed.
 It works great for me in 3.x (not 4.x).
Have you read about Collectors?  That is where I find myself working with field caches, but
maybe this is not your need. I also properly configured the call to search.doc( docId ) with
the second argument,
so I only automatically load the fields I will be using in my returned results, not any 'extra'
fields use in Filters, Collectors etc.  If you have a special query that needs to be extra
fast, you can change the fields to load just in the special code for that special query.

I hope that helps,

-Paul

fields.