lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Index pruning
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:19:46 GMT
On 30/05/2012 03:39, Greg Bowyer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am playing about with the index pruning contrib package, I want to see
> if it will make a faster and slightly smaller index for me. However when
> I try either Carmel or RIDF methods it just ends up deleting all my
> postings for the two fields of interest.
>
> My command line for RIDF is as follows, any ideas what I could be doing
> wrong ?
>
> java -cp
> ./lucene-pruning-3.6.1-sz_release.jar:./lucene-core-3.6.1_sz_release.jar
> org.apache.lucene.index.pruning.PruningTool \
> -del title:pPsv,descr:pPsv \
> -in ./index -out ./pruned-index2 \
> -impl ridf -t -0.1

Hey Greg,

Sorry for a late answer ... the field spec string "pPsv" configures the
PruningPolicy to completely delete the postings, so it's doing what you
told it to do ;) The actual pruning would have happened at a later
stage, but since the postings are removed first there is nothing to prune.

If your intention was to apply pruning only to selected fields then
there is no command-line option for this in the tool - however, it's
easy to add it, because the *Policy implementations usually take a
Map<String,Number> to specify thresholds, where keys are either field
names of field:term pairs.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki