lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bob Rhodes <Bob.Rho...@trssllc.com>
Subject easy one? IN and OR stopword help
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 17:50:08 GMT
Hi all,

This is driving me crazy. In my data if I search "state" AND "GA" I get
hits. If I search "state" AND "OR" or "state" AND "IN" I get no hits even
though I can see examples of state AND IN in the content. I've tried
searching with "in" in lower case and quotes to no avail.

The data is indexed and searched with lucene 3.3 and the ClassicAnalyzer. In
my searching code I have a stopword list containing OR and IN, but I'm
pretty sure the indexing code didn't have this stop word list.

Can anyone please help me solve this problem and understand what I'm doing
wrong?

Thanks!

Bob