lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Abeer I <tmoo...@hotmail.com>
Subject please I need small clerafation about precition and recall in lucene code
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 12:17:29 GMT

I want to ask about the lucene.benchmark which I used it to mauser the precision and recall
in my lucene code .

basically I used this code

File topicsFile = new File("C:\\test\\topicfile.txt");
    File qrelsFile = new File("C:\\test\\qrles.txt");
        try (Directory dir = FSDirectory.open(new File("C:\\luceneIndex"))) {
           // org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(dir, true);

            org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher searcher= new IndexSearcher(dir, true);
            String docNameField = "filename";
            PrintWriter logger = new PrintWriter(System.out, true);
            TrecTopicsReader qReader = new TrecTopicsReader();   //#1
            QualityQuery qqs[] = qReader.readQueries( new BufferedReader(new FileReader(topicsFile)));
//#1
            Judge judge = new TrecJudge(new BufferedReader(new FileReader(qrelsFile)));
                  //#2
            judge.validateData(qqs, logger);                     //#3
            QualityQueryParser qqParser = new SimpleQQParser("content", "path");  //#4

            QualityBenchmark qrun = new QualityBenchmark(qqs, qqParser, searcher, docNameField);

            //org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.QualityQuery[],org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.QualityQueryParser,org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher,java.lang.String
            SubmissionReport submitLog = null;
            QualityStats stats[] = qrun.execute(judge,submitLog, logger);
            QualityStats avg = QualityStats.average(stats);      //#6
            avg.log("SUMMARY",2,logger, "  ");

the topic file format is
<top>
<num> Number: 0
<title> Financial
<desc> Description:
<narr> Narrative:
</top>

and qrles is
# qnum 0 doc-name is-relevant

0 0 enwiki-20120403-pages-articles.xml-007.txt 1

can any one describe what is the meaning of these two file I tried to search for recourse
that help me with this matter but unfortunately nothing helpful.

how to write these two file (topic file,qrles ) is it don manually, if so what is the meaning
of the file structure.

thanks