lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Newton <>
Subject Re: Performance of storing data in Lucene vs other (No)SQL Databases
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 15:00:34 GMT
Storing content in large indexes can significantly add to index time.

The model of indexing fields only in Lucene and storing just a key,
and then storing the content in some other container (DBMS, NoSql,
etc) with the key as lookup is almost a necessity for this use case
unless you have a completely static index (create once + never add