lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Earl Hood <>
Subject Re: Restricting search results to a dynamic slice of documents
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 23:04:27 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> On the face of it, it looks like one of the subclasss of
> should be what you're looking for. Or is the "dynamic slice" something
> you couldn't formulate into a query?

The query route is possible, but it would make for a large and query.
I'm not sure how lucene will do with a large boolean query.

I looked into Filters and it appears FieldCacheTermsFilter may do what I
need, but I may have to develop a wrapper versions of it since there are
at least two different fields that have to be checked to verify that a
document is allowed to be included in the result set.

Looks like I have some experimentation to do.

Thanks for the response,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message