lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Taking backup of Lucene DB
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 12:24:42 GMT
The simplest way is to stop all index writing (close the IndexWriter),
do the copy, then start your IndexWriter again.

If that's a problem (usually it is!) then use SnapshotDeletionPolicy
to protect the commit point (ie prevent any of the files it uses from
being deleted) while you are making the copy... this way you can take
a hot backup without pausing index writing...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Ganesh <emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We want to place our search db in SAN drive and want to replicate the data to another
SAN. We have a replication software to do this process.

> My question is whether we could do that for search db? While indexing (for testing purpose),
i just copied the db files and dropped in another system. When i started my application in
another system, I could see my search database whiped out. Only write lock remains. The behaviour
is unpredictable.