lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter.isLock()
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 10:54:24 GMT
My guess is you had a leftover lock file.  With NativeFSLockFactory
(used by NIOFSDirectory), the presence of a lock file does not mean
the lock is held (unlike the older SimpleFSLockFactory).

The code that checks if the lock is held simply acquires and then
releases the lock.  So if you had a leftover (but unlocked) lock file,
then the acquire succeeds, and on release the file is removed ...

If it's not a leftover lock file ... can you make a quick code
fragment showing the problem?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com