lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dhruv <dhru...@gmail.com>
Subject Directory, IndexInput and IndexOutput concurrency
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 22:39:42 GMT
I am trying to implement an in-memory version of the Directory, IndexInput
and IndexOutput classes, similar to RAMDirectory.

Can someone please point out if there are any concurrency and thread safety
requirements from these classes? Do the users of these classes implement
client side locking or use thread confinement? Are there any other OS level
file system guarantees which the Lucene's Directory implementations make
use of and which I should ensure from my in-memory implementation?

I am using Lucene 3.0.3 and I have looked at RAMDirectory's and
RAMIndexInputStream and RAMIndexOutputStream code but it does not
explicitly mention any concurrency requirements.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Dhruv