lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nikolay Zamosenchuk <nikolaz...@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 09:23:40 GMT
Hi everyone. We are using IndexReader.deleteDocument(Term) method to
delete documents, since it returns the number of deleted documents.
This is used to be sure that some docs were removed. We must know for
sure if documents were deleted. But in lucene 3.6 this method is final
and can't be overridden in our codebase anymore. Method
IndexWriter.deleteDocument(..) is not final and possibly can be used
in our project, but doesn't return any value so we can't be sure
whether ant documents were deleted. So briefly
IndexReader.deleteDocument(Term) is a final but returns number of
deletions performed and IndexWriter.deleteDocument(..) is not final,
but doesn't return any result. Our functionality requires overriding
and result value.

Can anyone please suggest how to solve this issue? Can simply run term
query before, but it seems to be absolutely inefficient.

--
Best regards, Nikolay Zamosenchuk