lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Many keywords problem
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 10:44:13 GMT
a disjunction (or) query of so many terms is indeed slow.
can u describe your real problem? why you should the disjunction
results of so many terms?

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM, qibaoyuan@126.com <qibaoyuan@126.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>       I met a problem about how to search many keywords  in about 5,000,000 documents.For
example the query may be like "(a1 or a2 or a3 ....a200) and (b1 or b2 or b3 or b4 ..... b400)",I
found it will take vey long time(40seconds) to get the the answer in only one field(Title
field),and JVM will throw OutMemory error in more fields(title field plus content field).Any
suggestions or good idea to solve this problem?thanks in advance.