lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance of storing data in Lucene vs other (No)SQL Databases
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 07:57:47 GMT
what's your meaning of performance of storage?
lucene just stores all fields of a document(or columns of a row if in
db) together. it can only store string. you can't store int or long(
except you convert it to string). to retrieve a given field of a
document will cause many io operations. it's designed to perform fast
full text search. it's not a k-v or other nosql db.